Friday, July 8, 2011

Fireworks!!

The Heiners came over for some, dessert, watermelon, and FIREWORKS. We had sparklers, poppers and fountain things... (fireworks are illegal in AZ, I don't know what things are called.) The kids loved them all. We had a lot of fun watching the kids faces light up, talking, eating, and just hanging with our friends. We sure are gonna miss them when we all leave!!

Poppers...

Gracin took it upon himself to gather all the poppers that didn't pop. He was really good and finding them!

The sparklers were a big hit...








I love the faces!! After shooting a bunch of strobe/sparks the firework would make a really loud pop and scare us all!

Oh look I did get some pictures of Riley:)


Once it got dark, Rhylan and I headed out to see some fireworks. We didn't want to go to the park and pay and park with the big crowds, so we headed to a nearby parking lot where we saw them last year. But after patiently waiting 30 min we decided to leave. I had heard other fireworks going on behind us. So I drove that way and parked our car a safe distance and watched an independent show... you know these were just a bunch of teenagers setting of fireworks in the street. We still liked them:)


2 comments:

Rachel said...

First of all, that watermelon carving is amazing! Fireworks are no longer illegal in Az, for about a year now. Most towns have outlawed them within their boundaries, but they sell them at all the Wal-Marts. Looks like a fun day!

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

So fun! I loved the watermelon shark idea too! I can't wait until I have a party someday and can make it!

who's checking