Thursday, July 15, 2010

My birthday


I had such a great birthday this year!! I am now 26 years old...closer to 30 than 20 so weird. But I don't feel old. I am married and have 2 kids, 26 sounds about right. We celebrated a couple days in a row. Saturday, Riley took me out to eat at my favorite, Olive Garden! I got this new dish that I am pretty sure was the most delicious food I have ever tasted. I also got a new desert that was wonderful.

Then Sunday, we did the cake because Riley was going to have a late day at school on Monday--my birthday. I asked for an ice cream cake this year. Riley was so good and picked the prettiest cake with flowers and fun candles...the letter T was missing?! Then when I cut into the cake... no ice cream. Riley was so disappointed, he said it was right there with all the other ice cream cakes. I still thought it was yummy:)

Monday morning Riley gave me some great gifts and a sweet card. (I got a watch, thick cream lotion from Bath & Body Works, a gift card to my favorite store a Spa Pedicure gift card, and 2 UV lens filters for my camera lenses--way too much) I also got a few cards and gift cards in the mail that day from family, and some nice phone calls and texts. My friend surprised me and got a babysitter for our kids and took me out to eat for lunch!!! Then we spend the afternoon sewing projects, while the kids napped and watched a movie. The perfect afternoon.

I had a wonderful day!! Thanks everyone who wished me happy birthday.

1 comment:

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

Poor Riley. That stinks about the cake.

who's checking