Thursday, July 1, 2010

First Fruits!!



Our first mature squash of the summer!!


So, we planted a garden this summer. Things are a lot better now that we have a backyard to actually plant in:) Last summer I did a garden in pots. Then that stinking tornado weather blew everything over and some over our 2 story balcony. Still, I don't think I have a green thumb for vegetables.

This Squash is our 5th or 6th one to grow. All the others started getting moldy when they were about 2 inches long!!??? Rhylan actually helped plant all the seeds and was really excited to see this squash. She actually ate it at dinner. She never eats squash, no matter how many times I offer it.


Take a look at this plant. He was looking a little sad so I brought him in for some extra loving care for a few days. Once he was doing well and looking all green again. I let him have an afternoon outside to get some sun. I went back outside about 4 hours later and this is what I saw!!! Seriously it was green in the morning. In the afternoon it looked brown. I even touched the soil... still damp!!!???? Just in case you were wondering about the weather here, HOT...DEATHLY HOT... apparently! It fried Rhylan's flower:)

Just so you know some of my plants are doing well. Here is my blooming flower garden.

No comments:

who's checking