Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Externship sites--WEST



Well we found out yesterday our big news!! During Riley's fourth year of Optometry School they do three externships. One has to be here at the school and the other two can be almost anywhere across the country (select sites.) There are many sites close to the school, allowing people to stay here the full year also.

It was a stressful process. We cried, prayed, fasted, went to the temple, looked at sites over and over again, weighed out options, and finally decided on our choices (you have to pick a top 8). We felt right about what we picked and trusted the Lord would sent us where he wanted us to go.

So summer 2011 we will spend here in Mississippi (beautiful green Mississippi I can't believe we only have a year left) This was the only picture in this post taken by me, I stole the others off the internet!


Fall 2011 we will spend in Mesa AZ area --(I lived here during my young childhood. And its only 3.5 hours from my family.)
Spring 2012 we will spend here: ST George UT. If we had to live in Utah this would be the only place we would like. And its only 3-4 hrs from my sister.
I copied Christina's idea of using pictures:)

Back to the west,
back to the mountains,
back to the dry,
back to the desert--home sweet home:)

6 comments:

Jason Kowallis said...

You are funny. We are excited to be there the same time as you guys and we can go take pics together! And yes, welcome the dry heat :)

The Sullengers said...

How fun for you - it will be good to go different places and see where you want to end up!

R and A Lambert said...

yay for you guys! glad you got some good sites!

Rachel said...

Can't wait til you're in Mesa!

Brittany H said...

I was asking Darren last night where you guys were going. I'm so excited you get to be in Mesa! And St. George will be nice! We will be in Utah and Colorado and are REALLY looking forward to weather we are used to!

Julie said...

hey cool st. george! :) hahaha maybe i will get to see you in spring 2012 or whenever it is lol! not that i live there anymore but my parents still do and we visit them! :) We like St. George - other than it's hot it's a lot of fun if you like the outdoors! The pic on your blog has the same view my parent's have! Remember when you came to visit me?! so fun!

who's checking