Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I need HELP!!

I have learned recently that Wal-mart won't print pictures that "appear to be taken by a professional, with or without a water mark." Now, I in no way, think my pictures are at professional level. I am just concerned that my friends and family who try and print the photos I give them after a photo shoot, may be confronted and asked to show a "release form." The ladies at Wal-mart said I needed to have my company name or letter head with the release.... COMPANY NAME????? Ummm... haven't thought that far ahead yet. I am still in practice mode for a while. So I would like you to help come up with a company name for me! This month I am doing 2 newborn sessions and a family photo shoot. I guess they might need this?!!

I think my name is pretty original and unique, it could be fun...
Savannah's Photography
Savannah Williamson Photography
Photography by Savannah
Photos by Savannah
Savannah Photo
Captured by Savannah
or any other way you can think of...

Or I could go another way:
Every Little Moment
Creative Capture
--I know corny! Help me think of something great!

Today I saw "Blue Lilly Photo" -- So cute, come up with something fun like that:)

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Savvy Photos by Savannah Williamson
That's the best I can come up with!

I've found that they won't ask if they are professional or not if they are taken outdoors. They just freak out if it looks like they were taken in a studio. At least that's my Wal-Mart. You should look into doing prints through a professional lab online. I've found that the pro labs are usually only twice as much as Wal-Mart. i.e. and 8x10 at Wal-Mart costs $.50 and a pro lab costs $1. The only bad part is that you have to pay shipping, so I just order my pictures all at once.

Rachel said...

On second thought, maybe Savvy Photos isn't the best idea. Someone might equate that with being cheap. I still like it though! And just one more thing, make sure whatever you write up says that it is a print release and not a copyright release.

Chris and Sue Knight said...

how about "YA YA"/. just kidding. They all sound cute, I find decision making difficult lately. could be my age.

Justin, Jessica, Kyleigh & Mason said...

I like Every Little Moment

Rachel said...

Just one more. This is fun. How about Freckle Face Photography? I like the alliteration.

RiChArd and MeReDitH said...

I was going to say savvy sue photos. but maybe like Rachel said you don't want to use savvy...I think it is pretty cute! Maybe something like Savannah smiles photography? I am so amazed with you and Rachel's photography skills...how about savvy's skills! just kidding! You guys will have to teach me a thing or two.

Margaret Pratt said...

I like Freckly Face Photography, Savvy Photos and Every Little Moment. Sorry it isn't much helpful! You have several good options, you can't go wrong!

Pierce Family said...

I recently got around to printing Kinsley's baby pics (taken by some lady in her house). Thankfully they gave them to me without asking for some identification. My favorite name is Every Little Moment.

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

I just checked online "Evey little moment" is already taken...

I do like Freckled Face Photography, and Savvy sounds fun too! --Thanks Rach:)

who's checking